• Advanced troubleshooting on Cisco routers, switches and pix firewalls.
• Cisco router, switch and pix firewall configuration. Areas covered include VPNs to both routers and pixes, ATM and DSL configuration for ISPs, network security, intrusion detection, monitoring, HSRP, BGP.
• IP network design, reconfiguration and migration planning.
• Diagram & document networks using Visio.
• MRTG installation and configuration (on Windows platforms).
• Microsoft Windows server and client deployment, management, backups, troubleshooting.
• Bachelor of Arts (Biology), Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota.
• U.S. Citizen, Languages: fluent French, rusty Japanese.
2001 to Present Network Consultant
SCN Research, Portland OR
1999 to 2001 – Senior Network Engineer
Supertracks.com, Portland, Oregon
• Designed, managed and built out a $1 million datacenter to host a downloadable music web service. Features include multiple forms of
redundancy, hardware server load balancing across 50 servers, storage area networks, high security, and intrusion protection, monitoring, change management, testing.
1994 to 1999 – Senior Network Engineer, Information Systems
Tri-Met Westside Light Rail Project, Portland, Oregon
• Manage, design, troubleshoot local and wide area networks for multiple offices staffed by 500 people.
• Deploy and manage Unix/samba file servers (DEC Pathworks).
• Migrate network from Unix/samba to Windows NT 3.5, then to NT 4.
• Manage project CCMail system.
• Install TriMet internet access, design and deploy the TriMet MS Exchange electronic mail system.
• Manage helpdesk staff for all project offices.